Monday, July 11, 2011

#1 The Great Plan of Happiness


Purpose
To help family members understand where we came from, why we are here, where we are going

Materials
-The following handout:

-Some sort of clear plastic to cut out shapes (a page protector will work)
(Cut out all the shapes. Make an extra shape of the boy and girl out of the clear plastic that will be the spirits)

Explain all the steps
Explain the preexistence, put it down on a table or tape it on the wall. Use the spirits and explain that we didn't have bodies before we came, and we needed to be tried and tested.
Use the earth next. Add the body behind the spirit, explain that this is a time for us to prepare to return to our Heavenly Father and to obtain our bodies.
Spirit world - Take the spirit into the spirit world.
Explain judgment and resurrection. Put the body and the spirit back together.
Talk about the degrees of glory. If we are righteous, we can obtain Celestial Glory and live with our families and Heavenly Father.
Hide something and tell the children to find it, but don’t tell them what they are looking for or how to find it. As they get confused and start asking questions, talk about why they are confused and how you can help. Tell them what the object is and give them directions for finding it (e.g., take four steps forward, turn to the wall that has windows, etc.). Discuss how much easier it is to find something when we have a plan and follow it.
Ask the following questions.  Where did we come from?  Why are we here? And where are we going?

I am grateful for the knowledge that I have of the pre-existence. As I have had my children I have known with a surety that we existed before we came to earth.  Each of my children as babies have had such distinctive personalities.  Knowing that I chose my Savior’s plan in the pre-existence also helps me in this life.  It helps me to know that I can do it here.  I, at one time, knew I could do it.  I am grateful for the knowledge that I have. I am grateful to know that some day I can return to live with my Father in Heaven.  The knowledge I have of the Plan of Salvation brings a lot of comfort and peace to me.

Resources
http://www.ldssplash.com/fhe/fhe_lessons/plan.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment